background

Sunday, September 25, 2016

(Cue music) All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...to the hospital


I keep a bag packed for myself (Ellie's Mom) at all times so I can grab it and head to the hospital.  I can get by without it, but it is nice to have.

Here are the items I like to take...

A carry-on size bag...mine has wheels and a telescoping handle...you could get by with any kind of bag


Meds needed.  My stomach, back and neck go bezerk due to stress in the hospital...lots of fun!

Feminine products in case I have a visit from my Auntie

A modest nightgown

Pair of sweatpants...I can wear them during the day or at night...sometimes both...ha ha!!!

A sweatshirt.  Sometimes it is freezing, like in PICU...brrr.

A t-shirt...useful for day or night

Flip flops...to wear in the shower...paranoid of athlete's foot

A large bottle I can fill with water to drink.  It is hard to leave your child's bed tons of times per day so that you can go down the hall to get yourself a drink of water.  This helps me stay hydrated.

Several pairs of socks to keep my piggies warm.
I also have a spare set of underwear.

It is nice to have a spare set of clothes so that you can use their laundry facilities to wash your clothes.  If I have time sometimes I will throw in a set of everyday clothes, but if not...I can get by with what I have packed.

Other things I bring for myself
I keep all of my hygiene (Makeup, brush, blowdryer, deodorant, etc...) in a separate bag all of the time at home.  I carry it to the bathroom and back to my bedroom.  This does 2 things #1) keeps the kids out of my stuff and #2) it is ready for me to grab at a moments notice.

I also bring my pillow.

And I grab my laptop with charger  (this is my distraction/hobby).  I can blog, facebook, check email, do digital scrapbooking, watch netflix, etc...

Phone and charger.

Exercise clothes and shoes.

My purse which has a special credit card for hospital purchases and health insurance cards.

I will leave my bags in the car while we go through the ED (Emergency Department) and while we get settled in our room.  Then at some point (sometimes not until the next morning) I sneak away and get my things out of the car.

I have a printed list to remember things I need to grab when heading to the hospital.

One thing I have wanted to do but haven't yet is measure their parent beds and cut some foam to that same size.  Then I could bring the foam and make the bed more comfortable for me.

What about you?
Do have a hospital bag ready for you?  For your child?  What do you pack?  What do you like to have with you at the hospital?  Share some tips and advice with us?  Are you inspired to create a hospital bag for yourself now?

Please like and share our FB page with other parents.  https://www.facebook.com/SupportedInOurTrials/

No comments:

Post a Comment